Rock, Paper, Scissors!
1st-Grade Math Review Game
Rock, Paper, Scissors 1st-grade math review game is a great way to add some movement and fun to a familiar game while reviewing key math concepts! I modified the play of this game to be inclusive for all abilities!
Be sure to grab the Rock, Paper, Scissors Go! game freebie at the end!
A look at what is included
MORE WAYS TO PLAY!
- Rock, Paper, Scissors Go! Full pages for active play. Run to or toss a bean bag.
- Rock, Paper, Scissors Pick! Point to your choice.
- Rock, Paper, Scissors Spin! Spin your choice. Individual or dual play.
- Rock, Paper, Scissors Roll! Roll your choice with a die.
1st-grade Math Review Pages
- 10-Games Recording page. Individual and dual games. K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5, K.CC.C.7
- 20-Games Recording page. Individual and dual games. K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5, 1.NBT.B.3
- 10-Games Results Graph. K.MD.B.3, 1.MD.C.4
- 20-Games Results Graph. 1.MD.C.4
- 10 or 20 Game Results – Fact Families. 1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.B.6
- True or false equations. 1.OA.D.7 (answers for True and False provided)
- Mental math. 1.OA.D.8, 1.NBT.C.4
- 10-Games Addition Practice level 1. 1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.B.4, 1.OA.D.8
- 20-Games Addition Practice level 2. 1.NBT.C.4, 1.NBT.C.6, 1.OA.C.6, 1.OA.D.8
- 20 Addition. 1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.B.4, 1.OA.D.8, 1.NBT.C.4
- 10-Games Add and subtract within 20. 1.OA.C.6, 1.OA.D.8
- Word Problems. 1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.A.2, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6 (Answer Key provided)
- 10-Games Place Value Practice. 1.NBT.B.2, 1.NBT.C.5
- 10-Frame Practice. K.OA.A.3, K.OA.A.4, 1.OA.B.3
- 20-Games Place Value Practice. K.NBT.A.1, 1.NBT.B.2, 1.NBT.C.5
- 20-Games Place Value Practice. K.NBT.A.1, 1.OA.C.6, 1.NBT.B.2
- Comparing Numbers level 1. 1.NBT.B.2, 1.NBT.B.3
- Comparing Numbers level 2. K.CC.C.7, 1.NBT.B.3
*There are no answer keys, except for the Word Problems and True or False, because each player will have different results for each game.
1. Choose which way to play! Active, Pick, Spin, or Rolls. You may need to choose individual sheets or a dual play sheet. I recommend laminating for durability. The playing directions and cards come in two color options and black and white.
2. Choose which recording sheet you want to use and print.
3. Choose which math skills you want your child/students to review and print.
4. Child/student plays 10 or 20 games and completes the recording pages and then the math pages!
It’s an easy and fun way to review important math skills for kindergarten!
My children have enjoyed this game thoroughly and I hope yours do too!
If you play and want to share it with me, I’m on Instagram @thecurioushippo
I can’t wait to see all of the fun you have!